Hey all you moms out there!!!! I really need some advise! SO we started potty training Ryker over Christmas break and he did awesome with only having 1 or 2 accidents a day for the first 2 weeks then he started telling us everytime he needed to go for the 3 weeks after that and had very rarely any accidents (maybe 1 every other day) and not all of the sudden starting Monday he just goes in his pants and doesnt even bother telling us! I dont want to go backwards and put him back in a diaper where I KNOW he knows what to do because he did it for almost 2 months now and when he would have accidents before this week it was just a little spot and then he would realize what he was doing and stop and tell me he needed to go but this week it is full on peeing down his leg into his shoe!! UGH HELP ME!!!! :(
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Josie and Ella did the same thing... what worked for us (it may be cruel) but we did a cold shower to clean them off. After Ella had 3 cold showers in one day she stopped at we have been about a month with no accidents. Jo, same thing except it only took about 3 cold showers total where Ella had close to 10 (over a course of a week)... good luck, I hate potty training!
.... I take back my comment.... after I posted this Ella has had TWO TWO accidents... TWO different times... I suck. I will watch for advise from other moms who have success :)
LOL WELL I am glad I am not the only one that does the cold shower thing :) ESPECIALLY since he did just fine for almost 2 months telling me and now all of the sudden he is just going in his pants FULL FORCE!!! Naughty kids!! I NEVER had this with MayCee but I know boys are alot harder!
But THANKS so much!! I hope it works soon!
Don't backtrack...I know it's not fun cleaning up messes and washing clothes but I think if you give the option to go back to diapers (or pull-ups) than from that point on it will be a battle.
We were so relaxed with Ky. She started potty training at 18 months. Now by two she was full - fledged potty trained, but for 6 months, because we weren't die-hard strict, she would bounce back and forth between panties and diapers. With the next it will be all the way the first time!
Yeah I keep telling myself there is NO way he is going back in diapers! II have started taking him potty every 1-2 hours and he hasnt had an accident since yesterday morning (in walmart all over the freaking floor) so I am hoping that he will start telling us again! But until then I am fine with taking him often.
MayCee was SO interested and I was scared to start her because she was only 18m and I didnt want it to backfire on me but she NEVER had a problem!! She did awesome and I put a diaper on her for naps and bedtime for a week and she always woke up dry so I stopped the diapers too...in my opinion pull-ups are the same as diapers so I dont think they are worth the money. I am totally fine with cleaning up a mess here and there as long as I am not changing TWO kids diapers all day long!!
Post a Comment